Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine Get away!












Tyler and I 'Got away' for a belated Valentine Weekend date. Our Valentine weekend was full and our in-debt-to-us babysitter was not available (Lauren....car insurance) so we waited until the weekend after. We are really not in a life stage (money, time and kids!) that we can travel or take big vacations together....But, we have found that mini vacations help us 'keep our love alive', that is what we tell the kids! And, it's true;)
It was so simple but so relaxing and fun! (and cheap......we had a small budget...yes Kirsten and Jeni, I budget....a little) On Friday we went out for dinner, had a gift card for a yummy Italian place Tyler gave me for Christmas. Then, to watch some live music in a funny little place. It's hard to find a place that is fun and not a bar atmosphere.....they played bluegrass which I like and Tyler pretty much likes any live music.....Tyler wanted to be on the stage...he always does......we stayed in a pretty decent little Marriott which had a great breakfast in the morning, making Tyler happy! In the morning, a little 30 minute, windy, curvy, as in CAR SICK (not windy like the weather....how is that spelled anyway?) drive to Eureka Springs. It is a quirky little town, it reminded me of Park City a little, the old part. I had done some wholesale work for one of the shops--Wilson and Wilson folk art. I had wanted to go and visit. It was cute little shop. We just walked through the town, looking through the shops. Lots of local artwork, smelling delicious food smells, and a little bit more music, cool old buildings some pretty large for their age, and neat architecture. Really, the place looks like it might just fall to pieces, I don't know that I would be comfortable living there but, it is authentic, old and very cool. For dinner we asked some of the shop owners where to go. We ended up dining in a very scrumptious Mexican restaurant in a little old house on a hill. It was REALLY good!
On the way home Tyler got called into work so, I went in with him which I rarely do....always have kids with plus you usually have to suit up in hair nets, lab coats, protective glasses and what not....It was kind of fun to see him at work. They had a machine down and when we got there they said they hoped he had brought his cape....they had been fighting with the machine all day.....it was funny. I am glad he is good at what he does, and that most of the time he enjoys it. While he was busy I watched and left love notes on sticky notes around his office. How romantic am I??? :) We came home to the house in good shape, thanks-Lauren :)
With kids throwing up....back to reality in a hurry!!!
It was a nice time away together, our love is alive!!!
We didn't get any pictures together....I don't know why we never do that....but I posted some of the sites and Velentine heart cookies!!!




4 comments:

  1. I love when you blog, you two are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you two had a lot of fun together!!! I'm glad you got to go and get a little get-a-way...everyone needs that every once in a while:) We can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking of Lauren as a little girl, but I guess she is old enough to babysit...even over night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep thinking of Lauren as a little girl, but I guess she is old enough to babysit... even over night!

    ReplyDelete

your two cents....