Thursday, January 21, 2010

Great performances



I have tried and tried to upload video from last week but I am having technical difficulties! I will keep trying but, for now here is the little pair after their violin recital.
Night and day they are, In so many ways. This is one of them...... Olivia's practices at home are lovely she plays her pieces with ease. In front of a crowd she struggles and often her nerves get the best of her. Josie on the other hand....her practices at home are, well, sloppy. We are left wondering, is this really for her??? Then she gets up to perform and we cringe a little after seeing her at home. Almost with out fail she belts it out like she's been playing the piece her whole life "what's the big deal"? We look at each other (Tyler and I) Who was that! Funny.
It was so much fon to watch them this week, Olivia opened her third grade talent show playing Starwars (even the boys cheered) She really did well, she hit the notes we didn't think she would make. She is one of those people who makes it look effortless. Josie played a wonderful Allegreto for their recital.....true to form! She was ready to go on to the second half and her teacher cut it off, she was a little disappointed but did great. Woot-Woo! Good job. We love you two!

4 comments:

  1. I love looking through your blog. It is so fun to see your beautiful children and get a glimpse of your life. I can't believe you have two girls playing violin. How great! All of your children are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurie! I have made my blog private...it is sort of a pain, but it makes me feel a little better. You have to have e-mail addresses for anyone you want to invite and you can have up to 100 viewers. To do this you go to customize, then the settings tab and then permissions. Change the permissions to only people you choose and enter the e-mail addresses. Hit done and you are all set. It will send an e-mail to everyone that you have listed. If you decide to do this, be sure to invite me :)
    knikki84@gmail.ccom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Keep trying to get the video to post, I would love to hear it. I know my boys would love to hear the Star Wars song! Way to go Olivia and Josie, you are so talented! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I can't wait to hear the video. Sign up for YouTube that's how I have to do it. I want to see it!!

    What talent your kids have... the apple never falls far from the tree :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

your two cents....